Christian Cultural Center is looking for a Technical Director who is highly skilled in team building and AVL systems. The technical director will oversee the production team on our Brooklyn, New York campus (including volunteer staff, paid staff, + freelancers) in our Media Division. The primary objective of the Technical Director is to create an atmosphere conducive to worship and technical excellence with a focus on equipping and training volunteers.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Lead, inspire and manage your team (12 paid staff , 100+ volunteers, and multiple freelancers)
· Manage maintenance and oversee operation all A/V/L equipment.
· Provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the well being of your team
· Prepare stages for rehearsal, weekly services and other events including but not limited to weddings, funerals, baptisms, graduations, and other public ceremonies.
· Manage teams (volunteers, staff, and freelancers) in recruitment, development and equipping them for all events.
· Serve as liaison for Performing Arts Department and other ministries needing A/V/L resources.
· Ensure all technical elements for events are in place and Media staff are fully engaged
· Provide recommendations in collaboration with the Media Services Director for additional technical equipment needed to achieve technical goals.
· Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy personal/family life
· Resonate and imbibe the vision, beliefs, and core values of Christian Cultural Center
· An ability to lead at a departmental level, overseeing the care and development of staff and volunteers.
· Self-starter: able to work independently on projects without being micromanaged
· Team-oriented: able to thrive within the framework of a large team of volunteers
· Organized with strong interpersonal communication skills
· Possess a working understanding of multi-camera studio production, lighting, Audio (FOH, Monitors + Broadcast) field production, TV lighting + theatrical lighting.
· Hands-on experience with technology in a modern worship production environment preferred.
· Ability to trouble-shoot problems which may occur during a service and efficiently recover
· Good communication skills and a people person.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree preferred
SCHEDULE AND HOURS:
• 40 hours per week (salary position)
• Work hours include some evenings, and some Saturdays, and every Sunday
Please send cover letter, resume, + salary requirements to email@example.com.