For so long I have meditated on these few verses with regard to faith:
(1) Romans 10:17 ESV - So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ,
(2) Hebrews 11:6 ESV - And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him,
(3) James 2:19 ESV - You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
(4) Mark 11:22-24 ESV - And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours,
(5) Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV - For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast, and
(6) Luke 1:37 ESV - For nothing will be impossible with God.”
Finally, I began to examine which of my prayers were being answered and which were not. I realized that most of what was being answered were not the prayers that I have been earnestly praying about, but rather just things I stated and didn't necessarily care about.
To be clearer, words that I thought I was "just speaking" - those things were coming to pass. I began to see a pattern and I asked God, why would He answer those things and seem to be s-l-o-w to answer some things and the areas of prayer that I REALLY wanted and needed Him to answer, well, those things seemed like He just totally ignored.
I began to question why would He do something like that to His child, knowing how I'm suffering!!! Just then it occurred to me to re-examine why this pattern existed all while keeping in mind, that He is sovereign all by Himself, so it must be something I'm not doing right.
Just then, the re-revealed verse…