For so long I have meditated on these few verses with regard to faith:
(1) Romans 10:17 ESV - So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ,
(2) Hebrews 11:6 ESV - And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him,
(3) James 2:19 ESV - You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
(4) Mark 11:22-24 ESV - And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours,
(5) Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV - For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast, and
(6) Luke 1:37 ESV - For nothing will be impossible with God.”
Matthew 21:22 ESV - And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” The last part of this verse, ".... if you have faith".
Faith is what we cannot see, but what we hope for. I found that those things that I spoke about but left with God are the things that manifested. Those concerns that I was desperate about are the things that took longer to receive answers or received no answers at all because those are the things that I didn't fully or consistently trust God with.
Those "serious to me" concerns I would give them to Him, but then take them back, give them to Him and then take them back. He was not able to fulfill my requests because I didn't exercise faith that He would. However, those areas of concern that didn't really matter and those things that I thought I casually mentioned were things that I trusted Him with.
How dare I elevate myself above Him! I was giving Him my "light work" to handle and questioning His ability and His love for me all while holding Him responsible for my actions of hindrance.
Since words are prayers, we ought to be more strategic in what we say because the universe supports what we ask for, whether we understand, acknowledge, misunderstand, operate in ignorance, etc. The universe does not need our permission to operate. As its already been given its assignments by God. If the universe respects God enough to just follow His orders, who are we to act contrarily?
What are you saying and is it hindering your progress? Do you REALLY have faith that God can handle your most serious concerns? Are you really watching your words? Or do you think it okay to say that something is "killing" you? Oh! Is it also okay to say that something is "making me sick" and then you wonder why you're sick all of the time! Re-examine your thought and word pattern when you speak. Then align it with God's Word. Speaking is serious business for in the beginning God said...